Article Created on September 14, 2022 | Last Updated on September 14, 2022
Both peppermint and ginger have calming effects on your tummy, and if you have had a bout of diarrhoea, it’s certainly a good choice of beverage. Peppermint is an incredible ingredient to use for many dietary problems and conditions including diarrhoea, IBS, gas, bloating and other ailments such as headaches and migraine!
Prep time: 10-15 minutes including heating
Nutrition: Both peppermint and ginger can help restore gut balance
5 healthy sprigs mint, leaves removed (you need a handful of leaves)
5cm piece of ginger (bash the ginger slightly to release flavours)
2 cinnamon sticks (for a little sweetness)
½tsp raw honey
Approximately 2 cups of water (a little extra as the water will boil down to less than 2 cups)
- Using a pot on your hob, pour in the 2 cups of water and add the ginger.
- Rapid boil the water and then turn it down to a medium simmer.
- Add the mint leaves and leave to infuse for around 10 minutes or slightly less.
- Add raw honey and stir thoroughly.
- Using a slotted spoon or sieve, remove the ginger and mint. Pour the mix into 2 cups.
- Add in the cinnamon sticks, stir each one as if using like a spoon.
Written by Bev Walton, BSc Nutritional Science
I achieved a First-Class Honours degree in BSc Nutritional Science, Nutrition Sciences from the University of Reading and now have over 35 years experience in all types of cuisine, dietary plans, recipe development, health and nutrition. I have been writing for over 10 years for magazines and websites as well as ghostwriting for ebooks, Kindle and fully published books. I’m also a proud member of the Guild of Food writers.