Article Created on May 10, 2022 | Last Updated on August 1, 2022
Cook time: Less than 10 mins
- 4 large eggs (201g)
- 1 courgette, grated (158g)
- Handful of chopped fresh chives (17g)
- Small knob of butter (36g)
- 100g smoked salmon (100g)
- Beat eggs in a bowl with a little water, mix in courgette and chives and season.
- Melt a little butter in a small, non-stick frying pan. When hot, add half the egg mixture and cook for 1 minute, stirring until the egg is beginning to set in places. Scatter evenly with half smoked salmon trimmings. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes, until the egg is golden underneath, and just set on top. Slide out onto a serving plate, folding it over as you go. Repeat.
- Scatter a few chopped chives over each omelette and serve with a crisp, green salad.
Nutrition: 392 calories per serving
Written by Bev Walton, BSc Nutritional Science
I achieved a First-Class Honours degree in BSc Nutritional Science, Nutrition Sciences from the University of Reading and now have over 35 years experience in all types of cuisine, dietary plans, recipe development, health and nutrition. I have been writing for over 10 years for magazines and websites as well as ghostwriting for ebooks, Kindle and fully published books. I’m also a proud member of the Guild of Food writers.