This is a perfect lunch for those who have to eat gluten free, but the flavour is still lovely and intense from the tomatoes. It’s a great quick lunch for 2, but if you need more, simply double up or treble up the quantities!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Suitable for: V, GF
- 125g rice noodles (you can also have soba noodles if you prefer)
- 8 fresh asparagus tips, cooked until al dente
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 50g sundried tomatoes in oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- Handful fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 20g fresh vegetarian parmesan, finely grated (you can use any cheese you want)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Make sure you cook your asparagus first; it makes life quicker! Cook for around 7-8 minutes, you don’t want it soggy. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the noodles, drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan or pot, sweat the garlic and onion until translucent. Add sundried tomatoes and 2tbsp of the oil in the jar. Stir until gently warmed through, then toss in the asparagus and noodles.
- Mix together well, serve onto warm plates and sprinkle with the fresh basil and grated parmesan.
- Serve with tossed green salad or crusty gluten free bread.
Nutrition: 335 calories